Sunday, March 9, 2008

BLIZZARD WEEKEND


Wow! What an amazingly fun weekend this has turned out to be!!!

First off, we got about 10 inches of snow on Saturday; snow piles (b/c of drifts) range anywhere from 8-24 inches!!! Adam was nice enough to take a walk with me to Creekside to photograph the beautiful snow...

Got home and thawed out briefly... then I helped shovel the drive and a cute little path between our house and Granpa's. Found out we've got a new neighbor - we didn't see Doug move out but now Frank is living next door... which is cool but sad to see Doug go. He looked out for Granpa when we weren't around.

Then I got an idea to make an igloo. Which I then got bored with about 40 minutes later... BUT I CAN get in as far as my shoulders... the rest needs carved out still.

I made 2 snow angels... one of which Mom got some fun pictures of me making... the other angel... Eli peed on it (Eli is my dog btw)

Then I started to dig out the driveway... I remembered that I'd like to leave my house sometime this winter (haha) but then I got hungry so I went inside and ate some of my mother's homeade Taco Soup.

Today I went to church - which was awesome b/c I can only sit inside for so long. Adam's spring break is over so he went back to BG *sad face* Then Dad and I drove up to Delaware to load my photography equipment (the office was not shoveled out btw). Then Dad and I had a nice heart to heart on the way home.

I was a little late to the youth group leaders meeting... but Close Encounters was a blast - after dinner (which I really don't remember) we had a Capture the Flag/Snow Ball fight! LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT! I can't remember the last time I was in a snowball fight :-) I got pretty close to the other teams flag... but Aaron creamed me w/a snow ball so I had to go back to my base... but it was entertaining to watch him dive into the snow after hitting me w/the snow ball!!

Tim Hortons is always a nice way to end the weekend! I enjoy talking to everyone outside of church... outside of youth group... it's just fun :-)

Now I'm gonna talk online ... and go to bed :-) Thrilling post eh?

Tonight I recommend checking this out only if you want to laugh:


No comments: